Saturday, March 13, 2010

Judging a Book by it's Cover

I can remember visiting the bookmobile when I was growing up;it parked on my street's corner. We-my brothers, sisters, and I had a lemonade stand (I can count on one hand how many customers we had), 1 TV, complete with rabbit ears-Gunsmoke and Gilligan were still difficult to make out sometimes, and the bookmobile.

The premise for my blog is simple:

I walk in the library where there are thousands of books. Pretty cool, if you think about it. All those books and it all comes down to just 26 letters. Designed to entertain, frighten, excite, make you cry, make you laugh...everybody loves a good book. Well, that's not exactly true, but I kind of feel sad for someone who doesn't like to read.

Waiting in a doctor's office?--you've got your lastest novel.

Stuck in an elevator? you'll be rescued right in the middle of the juicy part.

Can't fall asleep? If the book's that good no way!

So the premise:

Once a week, I choose a book, any book from the multitudes on the library shelves. I don't read the back or inside jacket. Another words I know nothing about it. I read it, then I come back here, and journal my thoughts. I'll let you know, whether it's worth your time or if you should be glad you missed it.


Later

No comments:

Post a Comment