Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Next book up, The Sister by Poppy Adams. I checked this book out a few days ago, read it, and now the critique: I finished it and I like the author's name: Poppy. Isn't that cute? So 1 1/2 stars just for that. This is about an elderly spinster sister who's younger (also old) sister moves in with her. Then it's told backward, from their youth when younger sis hurts herself and can't have children, marriage, mother's death, sister turns into murderer. Well, I hope I didn't give anything away, but since I don't see anybody really reading this...no biggie...if you are stuck somewhere (traffic congestion for hours while an oil spill is cleaned up) ok read it. Otherwise. SKIP IT!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! (This is actually Shannon, btw)Thanks for the blog link. I look forward to being introduced to some new, good books! Have you ever read any books by Jodi Picoult? I have read a lot of her books lately and liked almost all of them.
    Have you thought about getting on Facebook? Me, Sheetal, Candy, Daniel, Caroline, Vanessa & Colin are all there...it is a fun way to stay connected.
    Wish we could have seen you guys over the holidays...hope all is well with everyone.

    ReplyDelete